Wednesday, September 26, 2007

life continuing

And so life rolls on, leaving my flattened self dazed and wondering "what the hey?!"

It's not that bad. After two history study groups today, a thankful slight respite in Latin homework, and the completion (all but for footnotes and bibliography) of a history paper, things are slowly becoming a bit more focused. I now simply have to go over my notes for my four classes, know my Assyrian kings and the dates that go with them, write a Theology worksheet/paper and etc. and I'm good to go.

Coffee has gone from a treat to something that beckons the arrival of a wrinkled nose as the eyelids demand an artificial prop. The taste-buds, quite astounded, ask "again?" and the brain, tired of resembling Kansas after a tornado, throws up its hands and with the grace of a Stoic declares "anything goes." The debit card squawks in futile protest as it slides its way across the counter and is swiped. There is coffee in my hands. I am content.

Finals are upon us. Break is coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stoics would have jumped for ten minutes with a latte. So would I, if it didn't hurt so much. Can't wait for break!!!!!