Tuesday, September 11, 2007

can life get sweeter?

I'm sure it can, but right now I'm pretty happy. I can't truthfully say that I have a handle on being a sophomore yet but I'm learning how to study.

Today is Tuesday. Which means:

1:00 am - Wrap up the studying, pack backpack for the morning, hopefully turn out the lights at 1:30.

6:00 am - Groggily roll out of bed order to have to enough time to tame my hair, eat something decent and make the 30-35 min walk to school.

7:30 - 9:30 am - Theology. Which is sweet. I never realized just how much fun Dr. Leithart is. He seems quiet and he is quiet, but nobody ever said that just because you're quiet means that you can't have a sense of humor. We're learning about Hermeneutics right now, which at this point in our studies is how to read the Bible while taking lexical and literary context into account. Really fascinating. We got our first assignment back this morning and I was very pleased to see I did well.

10:30 - 12:00 - Latin. Mr. Griffith reminds me of a friendly lion. He makes me enjoy Latin which is a first. Last year Latin was torture. I got through it fine but it was agony, the last thing I would do and I would snarl at Wheelocks while I did it. This year it is hard. Really, really hard. But it's fun. We're learning via immersion rather than brute grammar and memorization which is how I learned Spanish. My brain understands it better this way. Although I'm still pretty rotten at the language, I don't dislike it anymore.

1:45 - 2:45 - Voice. The highlight of my week. I'm taking lessons over at University of Idaho from Bray Wilkins, who is by far is the best of the three teachers I've had to this point. I'm so incredibly falling in love with music even more than I thought I already was; it makes me want to spin around in circles. See the stars in my eyes? That's because I just learned I can sing. And sound good while doing it.

The rest of the day: Homework. A lot of it. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the homework, starry eyes!
love ya,
m