Wednesday, February 27, 2008

osmosis happens

We're told by well-respected sources that you can't learn by osmosis. But if there is one thing I've realized at NSA, it is that actually you can.

Take Greek, for example. I was sitting in the library this morning going over vocab paradigms when suddenly I realized that there I was, writing away in a completely foreign alphabet and it was making perfect sense; granted there is still the difficulty of learning a different language, but I've found myself throwing Greek letters into my standard English writing, and English into my Greek.

I don't remember when that happened. I feel like I sat down and suddenly started reading Greek. *poof* Dr. Leithart writes the occasional Greek term on the board during Theology, no longer bothering to transliterate to the English alphabet.

It was osmosis. All good things come through osmosis.

No comments: