Saturday, February 2, 2008

beware the blizzard


"Idaho's and Washington's Governors declared North Idaho and Eastern Washington disaster emergency areas."


I've stepped into several dritfts that went several inches past my knees. This is snow that has halted traffic and brought the education industry to a grinding halt. But does that affect me? My friends, I attend New St. Andrews College. We are not like other schools. A note from our most worthy dean arrived after our first snow day in 14 years:
.
I've gathered indications from some of you that prompt this word of caution: if you plan your evening activities as though tomorrow will be a "day off," you take a serious risk. True, Logos School, WSU and U of I have already announced closures tomorrow. Remember that NSA differs significantly from these other institutions in the factors that weigh in cancellation decisions.
.
We did have Thursday off, but Friday we were back to normal, despite the fact that Kathryn and I had to dig the car out of a drift to even leave this end of town.

When we reached school, the piles of snow in Friendship Square loomed over my head.

http://www.nsa.edu/news/newsupdates.html

No comments: