Tuesday, October 2, 2007

vos moriturus, saluto

Quoth Magister Griffithius. Reminiscent of last year, when Melissa and I greeted Magistra Natali with Nos moriturus, te salutamus. (Translation: "You who are about to die, I salute you." "We who are about to die, salute you")

Yes, it is finals week. Insecure sophomores wander through the halls, their black robes billowing out behind them, muttering something that sounds vaguely like "Shalmanesar III - did - something. Battle. Qarquar. 845? No, 853? Mardonius, important."

I down a mocha, run through my outlines, how to sum up the Ionian Revolt and Greco-Persian wars in 200 seconds or less? Math oral and written was yesterday, I'm pretty sure I know whether or not numbers exist - or who thinks they don't, at any rate. And what love is. Just ask David Dalbey. I sat in on his public final yesterday morning, and that was what he had to reveal to us.

History final goes well, despite the pacing done while waiting. Change, run to UI for voice. Bray's on a roll; it's all work, no play. Only I'm learning stuff that I've been wanting to learn forever, so I'm having a great time, and don't realize how much time has passed until suddenly I realize "I'm ready to be done." Bray looks at me a bit askance and makes the observation that by the time I'm done with finals I'm going to be totally wiped.

Latin exam: Best left untouched. I passed. I think.

I'm not studying tonight. I'm curling up with my laptop and watching a movie.

2 comments:

kidcardco said...

And all I did today was go to work and eat a turkey club for lunch.... man do I feel boring!

Anonymous said...

Umm... te saluto. TU pensum perfecis. Ego non pensum perficere potui, quia tempum apsumo. Etiam tempum apsumo... Vale!!!