Sunday, October 14, 2007

i know kung fu

What does the average NSA student do on break? Quite frankly, I have no idea. But I know what this one did:

Sleep.
Sleep.
Go winter clothes shopping.
Go to the barn.
Clean stalls.
Ride.
Sleep.
History homework.
Make cheesecake.
Eat said cheesecake (and behold, it was good).
Ride.
Ride. Get hot, dirty, sweaty and beautiful. The horses don't mind.
Sleep.
Clean more stalls and call it a day.

Overall it was a lovely week. A blur, but a satisfactory one, in which I rode nearly every day, and soaked up the essence of dressage as much as possible. Equito ergo sum (I ride, therefore I am). I've been spoiled, I admit, getting to work around horses worth $20,000+. We had one come through while I was there this week who as a four year old imported from Germany was worth $50,000, but now is "dirt cheap" at $17, 500 (due to stifle surgery in his past and a subsequent hitch in his gait that should eventually go away with work). We all sat and drooled at his gorgeousness and talent. Now that is a sport horse. I want one. Pretty please?

Once back in Moscow, I watched The Matrix for the first time and decided that it would be ever so convenient to be able to download our classes into our brains like they can download kung fu. Like so:

*twitch, twitch* *Blink*
"I know Herodotus."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

twitch, twitch, blink.
I know Calvin.

:-) lol lol I wish!!!