Saturday, April 19, 2008

montana

I'm currently surrounded by history paper sources, rough drafts, comment sheets, chocolate covered raisins and peanuts, a mug drained of the best hot chocolate known to man, and soaring mountains.

I'm in Montana.

Sometimes a change in environment is a very beautiful thing, especially after a week of extraordinary proportions. Exhaustion is invading every corner of NSA. Quivering knees are commonplace, Americanos (think espresso) are my new best friends, sleep is coveted above anything else.

My official reason to be here in another time zone from my dear old school is to look into a work possibility for this summer, but to be frank, driving away from Moscow was pure heaven. Despite the fact that I've been doing homework all day, regardless of location.....

1 comment:

Melissa Dow said...

Ah, happiness is Moscow in your rear view mirror. =D

I agree. I love this town, but sometimes you just need to GET OUT. Have fun -- I'll see you on Monday!