Tuesday, December 25, 2007

merry *cachoo* christmas *sniff, sniff*

And so it is Christmas. And I've been sneezing up a storm with the cold that thought about coming during finals and thankfully held off until I was safely on break.

Christmas break involves sleeping, being out with the horses, eating way too much, and going to parties where you run into people people who knew you when you were knee high to a grasshopper, know everything about you, and you have to pretend you know who they are and not let on that you are frantically searching your brain for their identity. Usually comes out ok, but every so often you leave a conversation still wondering who on earth that was. Perhaps a long lost relative.

Of course there is the unwrapping of the gifts. I think the funniest gift I got was the single cup coffee maker. (Subtle hint to stop spending all my money at Bucer's?) You may ask, so, why is that amusing? Because I'm the only major coffee drinker in our family, then contrast with the fact that once I swore that I would never drink the stuff. I hated even the smell of the the brown brew. NSA does strange things to a person.

And Christmas is also time for cutting hair. I love short hair, but I tried to grow mine out this past summer. I really, truly did. I told a friend to sit on me whenever I thought about cutting it and when I got a trim, it was a TRIM, one to just keep it looking nice. But alas. I couldn't keep it up. This break it came off - from longer than I've had it in three years to a short, layered bob that makes me very happy. Picture pending, perhaps.

No comments: