Thursday, December 6, 2007

geek out

Last week I completely geeked out and became the stereotypical NSA student. I had four major deadlines so I put on my SCUBA gear and dove in, not coming up for real air until everything was finished. This required the complete lack of any social life and and functioning on 5 - 6 hours of sleep a night, a real doozy for me, a true sleep enthusiast.

Despite the lack of sleep, that was one amazing week. I finished stage 2 of a three part completely fascinating hermeneutics project on the book of Ruth for Theology, wrote a Theology presentation on an article decrying the patriarchal implications of the traditional views of Christology, wrote a History oral presentation about Sulla, an influential Roman dictator, as well as editing and polishing the History term paper. And I loved every second of every crammed minute.

To finish off an amazing week was an amazing Thursday voice lesson, possibly the best I've had so far. Which was a touch sad considering the next evening I crashed. The entire weekend I slept. And slept. And slept. This week has been me trying to recover from last week. Thank goodness for music: today's voice lesson had Bray wondering what happened to last week. It went well, but I was fogged over and loopy. By the end however I was slowly emerging from my stupor and now I'm back at the books with a vengeance.

My roommate once again has to deal with my renewed enthusiasm. "This is sooooo cool. Did you know that Alexander the Great was deterred from sacking Jerusalem when he heard about Daniel's prophecy foreshadowing his campaigns?" "Ewww..... this battle had so many casualties that the river was dammed with bodies and the water was red with blood." "Hmmm. I think I may have discovered how that chiasm in Ruth works - check out this typology....."

No comments: