Tuesday, May 19, 2009

curtain call

Last week was full of saying goodbye to classmates, last chance get-togethers, junior breakfasts, weddings, engagement parties, baby showers, graduation parties....

So now I'm sitting in Bucer's, a bit off kilter. Most of my my classmates are gone. There is no homework waiting to be done. Instead there is an apartment waiting to be sorted and packed. Slightly depressing, actually - when I come back, it will be for the last year of undergrad studies I'll ever do.

The leaves are finally coming out, and there is nothing quite so hopeful as new leaves coming out after a long, drawn out winter. There is green emerging everywhere - full of promise. Mmmmmm. I love it.

1 comment:

David K said...

I love the leaves, the green, the fresh smell everywhere. Death and resurrection every year. Pretty darn amazing.