Sunday, November 30, 2008

from point A to point B


"Um, how do you get to Spokane?"

Usually when you take the Greyhound, your driver knows where he is going and how to get there. This was not the case on the most recent Greyhound trip I made coming back to Moscow after Thanksgiving break. In this case, when it became painfully apparent that our driver was hopelessly lost, I found myself directing him back through Pasco and pointing out the correct exits to get on the highway heading to Spokane.

I wondered if maybe I should just drive.

Once in Spokane he again became lost. Passengers began fidgeting grumbling. Another passenger directed him through the streets to the station. Which he passed. On a one way street. So he drove in through the Exit, past the "Do Not Enter Signs," deaf to the yelps of the passengers.

We were 45 minutes late to the Spokane terminal, but thankfully all the other buses waited for us.

No comments: