Saturday, June 14, 2008

manly hands

The past couple days have been a well received respite from nearly two weeks of solid rain. Instead of being holed up in the trailer, I'm sprawling out on the grass, enjoying the sun and attempting to type with the middle and ring fingers of my right hand taped up.

Why does my right hand display such taping? Simply put, a Belgian decided he would rather be socializing with his friends than trotting in a circle around yours truly. I forgot I was was no match for a 1300 lb horse and ended up on the ground. Very - er - humilifying. But hey, the tape looks impressive, even if the story behind it isn't so much.

I've broken out a new set of muscles over the past couple days putting up canvas tents, pitching hay, working the horses.... I've been sleeping well at night.

No comments: