Sunday, June 1, 2008

every day grow older...

...and learn something new ~ Solon

Since I'll be in Montana over my actual birthday, we celebrated yesterday. And since Mom was a professional cake decorator, I decided that it was high time I learned how to decorate a cake, and decorate it well.

Did you know that frosting is made of nothing but sugar, grease and a touch of flavoring (almond, in this case)? Neither did I - but now I know why the stuff makes me queasy.

This was the fun part - Mom had me practice on the tabletop, then on the cake. It turned out fairly well, I thought.

The finished product. The actual cake was fairly small, with the result that we almost ran out of room for the candles. The 20th one is in the corner by the : ).

Happy birthday to me.

It was a pretty memorable day, if I do say so myself.