Thursday, May 8, 2008

are you sure?

Because I don't think so.

I'm officially an NSA junior now. I can say that 15 times but it still doesn't sound quite right. Junior year. I went to through sophomore year so fast I feel like I need to do it again so that I can understand what I learned. *whoosh* and it was gone.

Five totally amazing teachers for a *cough* rather hellish year. My journal entries say the same thing over and over. "I'm tired. But [theology, history, math, greek, voice] was amazing."

Dr. Leithart
Mr. Schlect
Dr. Stokes
Mr. Schwandt
Bray Wilkins

There was the day I fell asleep in Theology recitation, right across from Dr. Leithart. - The day I was so sick I had to skip a full day of classes, two quizzes and Disputatio. - The day at the Wilkins when I was so tired my knees gave out from under me (*hint* it helps if you can mask this by playing with the conveniently placed child). - The day I got my first M ever in Greek. - The day I asked Dr. Stokes if I should drop math.

Then there was the day I got two SCLs and a CL on the same day. - The day Mr. Schlect told me that he was putting my paper research in his files. - The day I pulled my M to a CL in Greek. - The day Bray's jaw hit the floor twice in one lesson. - The day that Dr. Leithart wrote "outstanding" on my presentation feedback. - The day that I discovered that I was having fun crunching numbers for math.

It was a good year.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Go Ruth! Congratulations!! :)

Anonymous said...

2 down, 2 to go! Great job- proud of you for sticking with it through thick and thin.
mom

kidcardco said...

I used to beat Bray up... I beat I still can... hmmm.... your amazing teacher was a sissy back in the day you know? :)