Friday, January 25, 2008

so we finish week 2, and stare down the throat of week 3...

Random classmate 1: So have you noticed that the work load this term seems lighter?

Random classmate 2: Yeah, I even went out at got a job. It's really nice.

Me (utter, complete disbelief): Are you out of your minds? Reaches for ibuprofen and looks askance at the piles of Greek homework.

Apparently the load this term is a bit lighter. If you discount Greek, that is. And you ignore the fact that I've spent every spare moment possible sleeping to fight off a mystery bug who's main claim to fame is sapping its victims of any and all energy. I've been living off of caffeine and and unusually high amount of sleep - 11:15 pm average crash time, getting up at 6, with naps scattered hither and yon, even though it meant falling asleep over my book in Machen classroom, surrounded by my studiously studying classmates. Wednesday night I surrendered to the virus, chucked Greek homework out the window, and got an unprecedented eleven hours of sleep. Yes, eleven hours. Then woke up, and worked on Greek. A lot of Greek. And then more Greek the next day, then passed my Greek quiz. And tomorrow, first thing on my list? More Greek.

This should be fun.

1 comment:

Melissa Dow said...

Me necat lingua graeca et necabit; non possum fruari hanc linguam, quia difficilior quam omnia altera colloquia est. Sed lingua latina mihi placet optissime (ergo scribo latine, non graece). Vale!